THE YEAR 2011: One score and seven years ago…
I COULD sit here, stare at you through the screen, and tell you that age is only relative; that’s it’s not how young you look but how young you feel; that we are all “young at heart” – eighteen til we die. But let’s not beat around the bush. If you were born in the 80s the following factoids may give you a wake up call to how old you actually are.
- It’s been 10 years since 9/11.
- Facebook has been around for 7 years.
- The “new” Millennium is more than a decade old.
- Windows XP was released TEN years ago, in 2001.
- The first Harry Potter book came out 14 years ago!
- Pierce Brosnan last acted as James Bond 9 years ago.
- The first season of F.R.I.E.N.D.S was aired 17 years ago!
- Sean Connery is 80 (81 in August) years old and retired.
- Mother Theresa and Lady Diana have been dead for 14 years.
- The Matrix came out 12 years ago, Keanu Reeves is 46 today.
- ‘Kids’ born in 1993 can legally drive, drink and vote this year.
- Bryan Adams’ cult song “Summer of 69″ was released 27 years ago.
- Kids whom you remember in their diapers are now posting their pics on Facebook.
- Macaulay Culkin turns 31 this year August. “Home Alone” came out over 20 years ago.
- Terminator 2 is 20 years old. Edward Furlong who portrayed kid John Connor is 33 now (34 in August).
- The youngest Spice Girl is 35, the oldest Backstreet Boy turns 40 this year, Gwen Stefani is 41, Madonna 52.
I’m still struggling to get over how old Macaulay Culkin is turning this year. That and how grown up people born in the 90s actually are.